Retirementplans.com, LLC protects your privacy. We have policies to keep your nonpublic personal information private. We may share it with affiliates and third parties that we do business with, and in other ways permitted by law.
Our Websites. When you visit our website, we do not collect technical and navigational information from you.
Information We Collect. We collect and store information. It comes from forms that you complete, from business you have conducted with us and other parties we do business with, and from consumer and insurance reporting companies.
Security of Your Information. We have physical, administrative, and technical safeguards in place to protect your privacy.
Access to Information. The only employees who have access to your records are those who need it for business reasons.
Our Information Sharing Practices. We limit the information we share and the parties we share it with. We share your information to help you do business with us. What we share depends on the types of products or services you request. As we are only permitted to share your information in ways described in this notice, we do not respond to “do not track” signals or similar digital privacy mechanisms. For example, we may share information:
- from business forms that you complete (such as your name, address, SSN, plan or ID number, assets and income from your application)
- about your business with us, or others (such as your policy or contract coverage and benefits and payment history)
- about your relationship with us (such as the products or services you purchased)
- from your employer, benefit plan sponsor, or group product (such as your name, address, SSN, plan or ID number and age)
- from visitors to our websites (such as information you provide online by completing forms)
Sharing Information with Other Parties. You may permit us to share your information with other parties. Your information may be shared without your consent with our affiliates and other third parties if permitted by law. We do not share your information for any purpose that requires an opt-in or opt-out.
We may also share your information with vendors and financial institutions. Vendors perform services for us such as processing transactions. Financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies have marketing agreements with us. We have agreements with these parties requiring them to protect the privacy of your information. They are not allowed to use the information other than as specified or permitted by law.
Other disclosures that may be made without your consent include:
- To detect or prevent fraud & other criminal activity;
- In response to a question from a government agency;
- For purposes otherwise permitted or required by law;
- In response to a subpoena or court order;
- To a government agency to if they make a lawful request;
- To a retirement plan sponsor or investment provider to provide information about the status of a transaction.
Our Treatment of Information about Former Customers. If our relationship ends, we will not share your information with third parties except as the law requires or permits.
Access to Information. You may access your information by submitting a written request that describes the information. We will respond within 30 business days or as required by state law. Our response will explain the nature and substance of the information on record. We will identify, if recorded, the parties we shared your information with over the last 2 years.
Right to Correct, Amend or Delete Information. You may submit a written request to us to correct, amend or delete any information in our records. We will respond to your request within 30 business days or as required by state law.
If we agree to your request, we will notify you in writing. We will provide the corrected information to any person you identify that has received the information in the last 2 years and to any insurance reporting organization we may have provided the information to over the last 7 years. If we refuse your request, we will explain why and you will have the right to file a statement of disagreement.
We reserve the right to revise this policy as needed. If changes are made, we’ll send you a revised notice.